As a local Louisa County, Virginia attorney, a big part of my representation is in getting to know my clients and developing trust. If you are accused of DUI/DWI, I believe you deserve the best representation possible. This includes having an attorney who knows the law, the technology, the science involved, who will aggressively defend your case and who truly cares about you. I have attended relevant seminars across the country for a number of years, and have taken breath test courses.
Aside from having the knowledge necessary to give you the best representation possible, my empathy for you is something that truly sets me apart from many of the lawyers out there. The reason I became a lawyer is because I truly care about, and want to help people. I have faith in our constitution, and fight to protect the rights given to us by our founding fathers.
I believe in hard work. I graduated from the University of Richmond with a degree in Political Science. I graduated from T. C. Williams Law School of the University of Richmond with a Juris Doctor Degree. The T. C. Williams Law School of the University of Richmond is one of the finest law schools in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
I am a member of the Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
I offer a free, no obligation consultation for persons accused of any criminal offense in Virginia State Courts.
Defending DUI cases is a large part of my practice, and I am entirely dedicated to defending your rights and fighting for your freedom. When you call for your initial consultation, I will explain how the judicial system works and discuss your possible defenses.
Stephen’s practice areas (ISLN: 906666034):
- Criminal defense law
- Drugs and narcotics
- Driving while intoxicated
- Traffic violations
- Plaintiff’s personal injury law
- Assault and battery
- Breaking and entering
- Weapons charges
- Uncontested Divorces
- Admitted to the Virginia Bar in 1972, and has practiced continually in Louisa County, Virginia and surrounding jurisdictions for the past 45 years. His practice is limited to criminal defense.
- Elected as Commonwealth’s Attorney for Louisa County, Virginia (1976 – 1983)
- Elected to the Louisa County Board of Supervisors, serving for eight years.
- Elected to the Louisa County School Board, representing the Cuckoo District, and continues to serve in that capacity.
Associations & Memberships
- Virginia State Bar (Member, Section on Criminal Law)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Virginia College of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Phi Delta Phi
- Member, McNeill Law Society